International Database for Barley Genes and Barley Genetic Stocks
BGS 492, Laxatum-if, lax-if
Stock number: BGS 492
Locus name: Laxatum-if
Locus symbol: lax-if
Previous nomenclature and gene symbolization:
Laxatum-246 = lax-246 (3, 4).
Monofactorial recessive (5), but partially sterile F1 plants indicated that a translocation was present in lax-if.246 (5).
Location is unknown.
Rachis internodes of lax-if.246 were about equal to those of Foma at normal sowing distances, but rachis internodes were a little longer at lower sowing densities (4). Spikes that emerged earlier had slightly longer rachis internodes than later emerging spikes (4).
Origin of mutant:
A propyl methanesulfonate induced mutant in Foma (NGB 14659, CIho 11333) (4, 6).
lax-if.246 (NGB 116475), -if.248 (NGB 116477) in Foma (NGB 14659, CIho 11333) (1, 2, 5, 6,).
Mutant used for description and seed stocks:
lax-if.246 (NGB 116475) in Foma.
1. Ehrenberg, L., Å. Gustafsson, and U. Lundqvist. 1959. The mutagenic effects of ionizing radiations and reactive ethylene derivatives in barley. Hereditas 45:351-368.
2. Ehrenberg, L., Å. Gustafsson, and U. Lundqvist. 1961. Viable mutants induced in barley by ionizing radiations and chemical mutagens. Hereditas 47:243-282.
3. Gustafsson, Å., A. Hagberg, U. Lundqvist, and G. Persson. 1969. A proposed system of symbols for the collection of barley mutants at Svalöv. Hereditas 62:409-414.
4. Larsson, H.E.B. 1985. Morphological analysis of laxatum barley mutants. Hereditas 103:239-253.
5. Larsson, H.E.B. 1985. Genetic analysis of laxatum barley mutants. Hereditas 103:255-267.
6. Lundqvist, U. (Unpublished).
H.E.B. Larsson and U. Lundqvist. 1986. Barley Genet. Newsl. 16:75.
U. Lundqvist. 2017. Barley Genet. Newsl. 47:160.